Why Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire Engagement Rings Are Now Popular
Engagement is an important step towards marriage. Therefore, a lot of people preferred to be engaged first before getting married. And when it comes to engagement, an engagement ring is very important. Engagement rings come in different designs. However, the most popular are diamond engagement rings. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford diamond engagement rings. Some would simply buy a ring without a gemstone but this is not what every girl desire. The good news is that it does not have to be a diamond engagement rings. In fact, many couples are using other gemstones for their engagement rings. There are emerald, ruby and sapphire engagement rings. And it is popular for many people although not as much as diamond engagement rings. Here are the reasons these gemstones are popular for blue sapphire engagement rings.
1. Symbol - Gemstones have different meanings or symbols. One example is sapphire or also called the blue stone which signifies innocence and purity. Aside from that, it is also believed to represent trust, loyalty and other attributes that lead to a healthy relationship.
2. More noticeable - Unlike diamond engagement rings with sapphires, the other gemstones are more noticeable due to their colors. A lot of couples would use this trait in order to inform everyone that they already got engaged.
3. Deeper and richer color - Unlike diamond engagement rings, other gemstones are a little larger which allows the stone to have a deeper and richer color. This makes it noticeable and appealing to females who have specific favorite colors.
4. Larger or heavier stone compared with diamonds on the same karat - Karat is the measurement for gemstones. Diamonds have higher karats compared to other gemstones on the same size. In other words, with the same karats, diamond is smaller than other gemstones. This attribute makes gemstones like emerald, ruby and sapphire popular for engagement rings. Couples can afford to put large gemstones on the engagement ring without increasing the karat too much.To get more ideas about engagement rings, visit http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O233-cabochon.html.
5. Cheaper than diamond engagement rings - Diamonds are expensive gemstones. This is the main reason they are considered the ultimate gemstones as only a few can afford to purchase them conveniently. On the other hand, other gemstones cost a little cheaper. Therefore, even couples with limited budget can afford to purchase an emerald, ruby or sapphire engagement rings.
If you want to propose to your partner, make sure you know her favorite color. This will give you an option in case it is not realistic to get a diamond engagement ring. You can consider emerald, ruby or sapphire engagement ring and your partner will still be ecstatic for it.